Use this as your penny template:
- White Coffee Filters
- Steam iron
- Penny template printed on copy paper
- Masking tape
- Black fine tip sharpie marker
- Brown watercolor paint
- Paint brush
PREP WORK: Flatten white coffee filters with a steam iron. Tape filter on top of a Penny Template. The missing side lines need to be added by the student.
1. Have the students trace the penny template onto the filter with the sharpie marker.
2. Now paint the filter with one layer of brown watercolor paint. Let dry about 10 minutes and then paint the shadow areas with another layer.
3. When the filter is dry, carefully remove the tape and the penny template. Lightly press with a steam iron to make them nice and crisp.
Turn Presidents’ day into a fun Math activity for your students! Below are some great money tools to use!
Double-Sided Magnetic Money $29.45/ea kit*Big money! Detailed money magnets feature updated designs on both front and back. Stick to any magnetic surface for engaging money lessons targeting coin identification and counting, and making change. Includes 36 coins (pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters) at 4x actual size; 9 bills (1-, 5-, 10- and 20-dollar bills) at 1.5x actual size (approximately 9 1/2 L x 4 H); and Activity Guide. Grades K+ LER 5080 Set of 45
Giant Classroom Money Kit $49.09/ea kit*Jumbo money tray is filled with 100 plastic pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters; 50 half-dollars; 100 each of 1, 5, 10 and 20; and 50 each of 50 and 100 play money bills. Includes 64-page Money Activity Book. Tray measures 10.2 x 18.6 .
*prices subject to change
For more money math options follow this link: www.Purefunsupply.com/PretendMoneyandMathKits